Structured teaching is a visually based approach to creating highly structured environments that support individuals with autism spectrum disorders (ASD) in a variety of educational, community, and home/living settings. Structured teaching is associated with the Treatment and Education of Autistic and related Communication Handicapped CHildren (TEACCH). The goal is to create an environment that promotes independence. This module will define and describe the evidence-based practice structured teaching.
- What's Included
- 15 pages
- Optional $10 certficate
- Define structured teaching and name its components
- Identify routines that are helpful to persons with autism
- Define the term individual work systems and describe the importance of these systems for individuals with autism at home, at school, and in the community
- Describe strategies for creating and adapting work systems
- List the steps for creating a structured environment
Purchasing certificates that validate successful completion of module will be available soon. More information about graduate credit and continuing education credit will be released as approvals are secured.