This module will provide information on the characteristics of ASD with regard to emotional vulnerability.
- What's Included
- 26 pages
- Optional $10 certficate
- Explain the relationship between emotional vulnerability and each of the following: social challenges, sensory differences, and change.
- Describe conditions or psychological diagnoses that often co-occur with autism.
- List behaviors in each of the following categories that indicate that an individual with autism is experiencing emotional vulnerability: mood differences, anxiety differences, and challenges with self-regulation.
- Describe ways that emotional distress (anxiety and/or depression) often looks different in autistic people compared to their typically developing peers.
- Describe how seeing the underlying autism helps to prevent emotional challenges for people on the spectrum.
Purchasing certificates that validate successful completion of module will be available soon. More information about graduate credit and continuing education credit will be released as approvals are secured.