This module will provide information on the characteristics of ASD with regard to emotional vulnerability.
- What's Included
- 26 pages
- Optional $10 certficate
- Explain the relationship between emotional vulnerability and each of the following: social challenges, sensory differences, and change.
- Describe conditions or psychological diagnoses that often co-occur with autism.
- List behaviors in each of the following categories that indicate that an individual with autism is experiencing emotional vulnerability: mood differences, anxiety differences, and challenges with self-regulation.
- Describe ways that emotional distress (anxiety and/or depression) often looks different in autistic people compared to their typically developing peers.
- Describe how seeing the underlying autism helps to prevent emotional challenges for people on the spectrum.
Modules on this site are always free. If you would like proof of completion, you can purchase a certificate when you have successfully completed this module. The certificate will provide contact hours for this module.
Graduate credit for courses is available through OCALI's partnership with Ashland University. Access information about course options and semester dates in the Search.
Continuing education credit from providers such as ASHA and NASW is in progress. For questions contact email@example.com.
Important: If you are an Ohio Early Intervention or Early Childhood provider, this module has received the Ohio Approved (OA) Designation.
To receive credit, please enter your Ohio Professional Registry OPIN in your Profile. If you do not know your OPIN, or you need to create one so you receive Ohio-approved training, visit occrra.org. When you have completed an approved module, you will submit it to OCCRRA by following the prompts provided.