Differential reinforcement of other behaviors (DRO) means that reinforcement is provided for desired behaviors, while inappropriate behaviors are ignored. This module will provide information on differential reinforcement.
- What's Included
- 28 pages
- Optional $20 certficate
- Define a problematic behavior in terms of the topography, frequency, intensity, location, and duration of the behavior
- Identify data collection measures to monitor the frequency, duration, and intensity of the behavior at the start of, throughout, and following the extinction process
- Identify the function of the behavior based upon direct observation, data measures (e.g., functional behavioral assessment (FBA), functional analysis), and interviews with school staff, family members, and the learner (if appropriate), once extinction procedures have begun
- Identify a more appropriate response for the learner to use instead of the problematic behavior
- Develop and carry out a list of intervention steps for a differential reinforcement procedure (i.e., DRI, DRA, DRO, DRL).
- Define and implement other intervention procedures (e.g., extinction, functional communication training FCT), self-management) that might be implemented with the differential reinforcement program
- Analyze collected outcome data on the effectiveness of the intervention program and determine whether modifications are needed
Purchasing certificates that validate successful completion of module will be available soon. More information about graduate credit and continuing education credit will be released as approvals are secured.