Pivotal Response Training (PRT) is a method of systematically applying the scientific principles of applied behavior analysis (ABA) to teach learners with autism spectrum disorders (ASD). PRT builds on learner initiative and interests, and it is particularly effective for developing communication, language, play, and social behaviors. This module will describe the fundamental principles of PRT, its conceptual framework, and how it can be implemented in a variety of settings with learners who display a range of ability levels and who have differing needs.
- What's Included
- 62 pages
- Optional $30 certficate
- Identify the guiding principles of PRT and why it was developed
- Describe the four pivotal areas that have been defined by PRT research
- Describe at least two different teaching strategies used for each pivotal behavior
- List examples of how to implement PRT in a variety of settings
- List examples of how to apply PRT strategies with learners with varying skill levels and challenges
- Identify the evidence base for PRT
Purchasing certificates that validate successful completion of module will be available soon. More information about graduate credit and continuing education credit will be released as approvals are secured.