The purpose of this module is to assist parents and teachers in finding the right balance for a successful homework experience for a particular learner with autism spectrum disorders (ASD). Attention will be given to the study environment, scheduling, strategies, the building of documentation, and home-to-school/school-to-home communication. Some strategies and tools to address unique challenges of learners with ASD in the areas of organization, sensory needs, and academic differences are provided.
- What's Included
- 36 pages
- Optional $10 certficate
- Identify their learner's physical, attention, adaptive, academic, and organizational challenges involved with successful completion of homework
- Describe strategies that turn homework challenges into successes
- Describe an effective and less stressful homework routine
- Define equipment needed for a homework area that will meet the learner's sensory needs
- Describe the importance of communication between home and school with regard to homework
Purchasing certificates that validate successful completion of module will be available soon. More information about graduate credit and continuing education credit will be released as approvals are secured.