The purpose of this module is to assist parents and teachers in finding the right balance for a successful homework experience for a particular learner with autism spectrum disorders (ASD). Attention will be given to the study environment, scheduling, strategies, the building of documentation, and home-to-school/school-to-home communication. Some strategies and tools to address unique challenges of learners with ASD in the areas of organization, sensory needs, and academic differences are provided.
- What's Included
- 36 pages
- Optional $10 certficate
- Identify their learner's physical, attention, adaptive, academic, and organizational challenges involved with successful completion of homework
- Describe strategies that turn homework challenges into successes
- Describe an effective and less stressful homework routine
- Define equipment needed for a homework area that will meet the learner's sensory needs
- Describe the importance of communication between home and school with regard to homework
Modules on this site are always free. If you would like proof of completion, you can purchase a certificate when you have successfully completed this module. The certificate will provide contact hours for this module.
Graduate credit for courses is available through OCALI's partnership with Ashland University. Access information about course options and semester dates in the Search.
Continuing education credit from providers such as ASHA and NASW is in progress. For questions contact email@example.com.
Important: If you are an Ohio Early Intervention or Early Childhood provider, this module has received the Ohio Approved (OA) Designation.
To receive credit, please enter your Ohio Professional Registry OPIN in your Profile. If you do not know your OPIN, or you need to create one so you receive Ohio-approved training, visit occrra.org. When you have completed an approved module, you will submit it to OCCRRA by following the prompts provided.