Comprehensive Program Planning (CPP) is a process that encourages parents and professionals to work collaboratively to address the multi-faceted needs of children with an autism spectrum disorder (ASD). The process empowers a team to develop an individualized intervention plan based upon underlying deficits and student strengths, which is then implemented throughout the school day, and across all school settings. This module will provide an overview of the CPP process and some tools that can be used as teams work to complete the development of a comprehensive plan for a student with ASD.
- What's Included
- 50 pages
- Optional $30 certficate
- Identify the steps to design a comprehensive program plan
- List five areas required for a comprehensive intervention plan using the Ziggurat Model (Aspy & Grossman, 2011)
- List the eight domains of the Underlying Characteristics Checklists (UCC; Aspy & Grossman, 2007b)
- Describe the Comprehensive Autism Planning System (CAPS; Henry & Myles, 2007a)
- Identify common pitfalls in intervention design for individuals with ASD
Purchasing certificates that validate successful completion of module will be available soon. More information about graduate credit and continuing education credit will be released as approvals are secured.