Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) is a complex condition. It is called a spectrum for a reason. It presents in many ways and has a pervasive impact on the individual. Because autism is so complex, autism assessment requires well-trained, knowledgeable, and experienced professionals. The process of an autism assessment can be challenging for the family or the individual him or herself. This module provides the answers to commonly asked questions about the autism assessment process.
- What's Included
- 19 pages
- Optional $10 certficate
- Identify the main reason that early identification is important.
- Identify the most important factor to consider in selecting a professional to conduct an autism assessment.
- Describe the differences and similarities between diagnosis and eligibility.
- Describe the differences between transdisciplinary assessment and multidisciplinary assessment.
- Define camouflaging and describe how it might impact autism assessment.
Purchasing certificates that validate successful completion of module will be available soon. More information about graduate credit and continuing education credit will be released as approvals are secured.