Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) is a complex condition. It is called a spectrum for a reason. It presents in many ways and has a pervasive impact on the individual. Because autism is so complex, autism assessment requires well-trained, knowledgeable, and experienced professionals. The process of an autism assessment can be challenging for the family or the individual him or herself. This module provides the answers to commonly asked questions about the autism assessment process.
- What's Included
- 19 pages
- Optional $10 certficate
- Identify the main reason that early identification is important.
- Identify the most important factor to consider in selecting a professional to conduct an autism assessment.
- Describe the differences and similarities between diagnosis and eligibility.
- Describe the differences between transdisciplinary assessment and multidisciplinary assessment.
- Define camouflaging and describe how it might impact autism assessment.
Modules on this site are always free. If you would like proof of completion, you can purchase a certificate when you have successfully completed this module. The certificate will provide contact hours for this module.
Graduate credit for courses is available through OCALI's partnership with Ashland University. Access information about course options and semester dates in the Search.