This module will assist those that support youth and adults with ASD as they prepare for, obtain and maintain employment. It covers the basic features of autism spectrum disorders (ASD) in adults that are relevant to the workplace and to the provision of employment services. This module is an adaptation of a much longer reference work titled Adult Autism and Employment: A Guide for Vocational Rehabilitation Professionals(Standifer, 2009).
- What's Included
- 27 pages
- Optional $15 certficate
- Describe the characteristic areas of the DSM-5 that are used to identify autism spectrum disorder (ASD).
- Identify the impact of theory of mind on employment for people with ASD.
- Summarize the importance of routine to employment for people with ASD.
- List at least three interview accommodations appropriate to adults with ASD.
- List at least four workplace accommodations appropriate to adults with ASD.
Purchasing certificates that validate successful completion of module will be available soon. More information about graduate credit and continuing education credit will be released as approvals are secured.