Because identification of ASD is important, it is crucial that those who work with school age children and older individuals understand how to screen and detect signs of autism. This module will answer the following questions about screening:
What is screening?
Why screen for ASD and other developmental disabilities?
What are early red flags of ASD?
Who should screen children?
When should children be screened?
Who is involved in screening?
What screening tools are available?
- What's Included
- 18 pages
- Optional $15 certficate
- Describe screening purposes and processes
- Explain why universal screening is a recommended practice
- Identify and describe developmental and ASD-specific screening tools
- Explain why early identification is important
- Identify who should be involved in screening
- List challenges related to screening
- Explain recommended screening processes and procedures
Modules on this site are always free. If you would like proof of completion, you can purchase a certificate when you have successfully completed this module. The certificate will provide contact hours for this module.
Graduate credit for courses is available through OCALI's partnership with Ashland University. Access information about course options and semester dates in the Search.